Saint George the Martyr, Southwark, London SE1
On returning from France after the Battle of Agincourt Henry V was met at Blackheath by the Lord Mayor and 24 Aldermen who invited him into the City. He travelled down the Old Dover Road (Old Kent Road) and was met by the clergy of Southwark at the steps of St.George the Martyr.
To celebrate the event in it's 600th anniversary the Church held three concerts performed by 1000 local schoolchildren. Thanks to a generous grant fro "AGINCOURT600" the Church commissioned a brand new production composed by Richard Brown - former musical director of the Royal Shakespeare Company.
The picture shows Coats of Arms, hanging in the Church of Lords and Knights of the Realm who served under Henry V at Agincourt.